Draft for the Strategy of the Russian Federation scientific and technological development untill 2035
- Human capital
- Trends in Development of Society
- Completed project
The project was implemented in cooperation with the Center for Strategic Research Foundation
Work performed within the framework of the project included:
- Analysis of international practices regarding state policy in the sphere of scientific and technological development: identification of standard approaches to strategy development in different countries around world and major trends in the state management in the sphere of science and technology.
- Analysis of existing regulatory and programmatic documents in the sphere of management of scientific activities in the Russian Federation, analysis of statistical data and specialized literature. Identification of gaps in the legal and regulatory support of scientific and technological development
- A series of in-depth interviews and surveys of actors involved in scientific and technological activities to diagnose the current state in this sphere.
- Development of requirements for the Strategy.
- Creation of the Strategy Portal.
- Preparation of the concept of the Strategy on the basis of the results of the analysis of international practices regarding state policy in the sphere of scientific and technological development, standard approaches to strategy development in different countries around world and major trends in the state management in the sphere of science and technology
- Creation of the Atlas of Science, featuring current state and major trends in global science and technology. The goal of the Atlas is to show Russia’s position on the map of science and technology development in the world using scientometric and bibliometric indicators. Maps showing the publication activities, scientific collaboration, scientific and technological productivity, R & D expenditures, volumes of innovative entrepreneurship across the world and in the Russian regions. Sources of data used included materials provided by OECD, Web of Science, Scopus, Nature Index, Scimago Lab, METU, UNESCO, Battelle, R&D Magazine, EU R&D Scoreboard, Harvard University, Martin Prosperity Institute, Crunch base data, World Economic Forum and others.
You can find full text of the Strategy here (in Russian)
Background: Elaboration of the Strategy began in June 2015 at the instruction of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Over three thousand experts contributed to elaboration of the Strategy. The aim of the strategy is to obtain technologies capable of responding to the major challenges, to increase the share of innovative products in the domestic gross product, to introduce high-tech domestic technologies to new markets, to increase the effectiveness of research conducted by Russian scientists. Priority directions for development of national science according to the Strategy are as follows:
• digital manufacturing technologies,
• creation of new materials,
• development of computer systems capable of processing large amounts of data,
• artificial intelligence and machine learning,
• transition to resource-saving and environment-friendly energy sources,
• individualized medicine
Project coordinator: Dmitry V. Sanatov