Strategy of social and economic development until 2030 for the municipality Zheleznogorsk (Krasnoyarsk region)
- Spatial Development
- Regional Development Strategies
- Completed project
Customer: ZATO Zheleznogorsk Administration
Project aim: To elaborate the strategy for social and economic development of ZATO Zheleznogorsk, Krasnoyarsk Krai, identifying priority directions of development to ensure high living standards and a sustainable rate of economic growth in the long term (until 2030)
1. Restoration of the context of the management of social and economic development of ZATO Zheleznogorsk, retrospective analysis and fixation of key results;
2. Identification of the opportunity space for further development of ZATO Zheleznogorsk on the basis of external environment challenges, existing problems and strategies of corporate players (Rosatom, Roskosmos, etc.);
3. Shaping the long-term vision for ZATO Zheleznogorsk (until 2030) in the context of planned and ongoing development projects.
4. Identification of key strategic directions for development;
5. Getting representatives of Krasnoyarsky Krai government officials, ZATO Zheleznogorsk municipal authorities, business community and general public involved in the strategy development process.
The strategic aim of the social and economic development of ZATO Zheleznogorsk until 2030 is to transform ZATO Zheleznogorsk into a dynamic, competitive and comfortable innovation and knowledge center.
Priority directions for the long-term social and economic development of ZATO Zheleznogorsk are as follows:
- To achieve synchronization between innovations in companies and innovations in the urban environment;
- To create a comprehensive system of continuing education in accordance with the international standards of practice-oriented engineering education;
- To make the transition to application of "smart city" solutions: modern technologies in urban design and management;
- To increase the importance of cluster projects for the city: open innovation infrastructures, demonstration sites;
- To stimulate consumer market: targeted approach to local business attraction;
- To stimulate development of high-tech companies and the tertiary sector of the economy;
- To improve the quality of municipal management: transition to new management standards of the "open government”
Within the framework of the development of the strategy in October 2016 there was held a project seminar and a series of expert interviews with representatives of business and city-forming enterprises, the youth community.