Assistance to the universities participating in Project 5-100
- Human capital
- Completed project
Customer: Center for Strategic Research Foundation
Goal: Organization of the provision of expert advisory support for universities on issues related to university development management within the framework of programs aimed at maximizing the competitive position of the group of leading Russian universities in the global research and education market, united by the 5-100 Program.
The research included:
- Faculty and staff surveys (except HSE).
- Bibliometric analysis of the publication activity of the academic staff of the university
- A series of interviews or a workshop with heads of the university's structural divisions.
- Planning session with participation of administration and academic staff of the university
- Analysis of documents (applications for the competition of strategic academic units within the framework of the 5-100 Project).
- Structural consultations with rectors and other employees responsible in their universities for the "5-100" project , based on the results of the survey performed.
- As a result of the assessment of qualitative changes in universities, there were identified: a) changes related to the implementation of the "5-100" Program, i.e. factors created by this Project were identified and their impact on the activities of the university as a whole was assessed; b) strategies for managing changes in universities (according to the methodology for evaluating the strategies for changing academic organizations proposed by the contractor and approved by the customer)
- In the course of the research there were identified those structural units (academic units) whose development primarily ensured successful and active restructuring of the universities as a whole: the existence of academic groups and leaders making the important changes (dominant coalition), areas of specialization of these structural units in education , research and development.
- The potential for cooperation (creation of joint research programs and development of joint educational programs) for the identified structural units (academic units) – leaders of change in the universities, participating in the 5-100 Program , was assessed.
- The customer was offered formats for organization and management of cooperative (joint) research and educational programs, , including provision of special support for adoption of "smart specialization" - the approach that helps universities (or their academic units) to focus on the themes and concentrate their resources on breakthrough directions for education, research and development
The research was conducted in October 2015–May 2016 in 7 universities:
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
- ITMO University
- Novosibirsk State University
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (State University)
- National Research Nuclear University (MEPhI)
- Lobachevsky Nizhni Novgorod University
- National University of Science and Technology MIS&S
National Research University – Higher School of Economics