System of high-tech products export and import
- Industry & Technology
- High tech markets
- Completed project
Customer: FSI Russian Technology Agency
Project aim: Development of an expert analytical and institutional basis for establishing in Russia an effective system aimed at supporting export and import of high-tech products and services in promising sectors with respect to best international practices and global technology development trends
- Analysis of the systems supporting export and import of products and services in Russia and abroad, including policies and approaches to identification of high-tech products and services, markets, stages of value creation, support initiatives, regulatory framework for high-tech products and services;
- Identification of types of high-tech products and services being in extremely short supply, the import of which is critically important for the development of the manufacturing sector of the Russian Federation;
- Drawing up proposals for development, testing, implementation and monitoring of the system supporting the export and import of high-tech products and services in promising sectors of industry.
Markets, analyzed as part of the project included:
- Industrial automation,
- Computer-aided design systems (CAD)
- Additive technologies
Key research findings
- Deficiency of certain technologies presents a production problem for several enterprises;
- Scarce products and technologies can be developed only by joint efforts. At the same time, organizational and legal basis for implementation of such projects may vary depending on the project.