Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University competitiveness program implementation
- Human capital
- Completed project
Project aim: Provision of consulting, analytical and administrative and technical support for the implementation of the SPbPU competitiveness improvement program, including establishment of the Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies (IAMT).
- Development of recommendations for the implementation of the program to improve the competitiveness of SPbPU, with due regard to best practices in change management in Russian universities participating in the 5-100 project.
- Provision of consulting support for activities of the basic SpbPU university.
- Elaboration of a concept for establishment of the SPbPU IAMT.
- Formulation of a plan of activities for implementation of the IAMT concept.
- Organizational, technical and consultative support for the implementation of the part of the plan for establishment of the IAMT.
Key research findings:
- It has been recommended to make the EC Center for Computer Engineering and STC Laser and Welding Technologies the nucleus of the IAMT.
- The basis for successful work of the Institute is its active positioning: as part of a well-known university the IAMT represents a fundamentally new structure.
- The focus is made on establishment of the IAMT as a flexible and adaptive institution, with an emphasis on:
- changing the model of interaction with industrial partners: attracting "professors of practice" from technology companies.
- project training;
- offering students the widest possible range of additional qualifications;
- international, inter- and transdisciplinary research.