The concept of a cluster of medical, pharmaceutical industry, radiation technologies within the boundaries of the Gatchina Municipality until 2025
- Spatial Development
- Clusters & Cluster Policy
- Completed project
Customer: Non-commercial partnership "North-Western Сluster of Medical/Pharmaceutical Industry and Radiation Technologies".
Project aim: development of the "Technopolis Gatchina" project aimed at creating a competitive town within the St. Petersburg agglomeration for generation of new ideas and creation of world-class innovative radiation technology companies. The concept describes the prerequisites for Gatchina's technology-based growth strategy, the current state of innovative development of the town, problems impeding development of the innovation sphere, as well as measures to be implemented for the further growth of Gatchina as a radiation technology center.
- To identify key projects and project initiatives for the development of radiation technologies on the territory of the “City of Gatchina" municipality, with due regard to implementation of projects in the sphere of radiation technologies
- To identify key risks and challenges in development of radiation technologies in the territory of the “City of Gatchina " municipality
- To determine the strategy and mechanisms for the implementation of key directions and projects for the development of radiation technologies in the territory of the “Town of Gatchina” municipality
- To elaborate recommendations to improve the quality of life and development of the social sphere of the “Town of Gatchina " municipality as a radiation technology center.
Gatchina as the administrative center of the Gatchina district of Leningrad Oblast is one of the main areas of the development of the interregional cluster project of the medical/pharmaceutical industry and radiation technology - the joint pilot cluster of St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblast.
The implementation of the project started in 2012 when the cluster was included in the list of priority territorial clusters based on the results of the competitive selection conducted by the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation. The cooperation agreement concluded between the Leningrad Oblast government, Rosnano and Rosatom State Corporation in 2014 makes provisions for implementation of large-scale infrastructure and research projects, as well as development of innovations and strengthening of cooperation ties.