Audit of territorial-sectoral clusters with an assessment of the relationship of participants and the development of a system of strategic directions for development
- Spatial Development
- Clusters & Cluster Policy
- Completed project
Customer: Russian Venture Company (RVC)
Research mission and relevance:
At present, the regions of the Russian Federation face the challenge of modifying industrial development through establishment of clusters. Cluster formations act as centers of growing cooperation in manufacturing and research spheres of the national economy. They also may act as geographical entities suitable for cooperation with the RVC.
Among other advantages, the cluster approach ensures a flow of projects in the area, creates competitive advantages of a macro-region ( in particular, by creating tools for generating innovations in the area). Flexible mechanism for using competitive advantages of individual players in the cluster and their cooperative skills help to create conditions multiplying social impacts (creation of jobs and new businesses) in the area and growth of its competitive advantage.
Evaluation of clusters included on the list of the RF Ministry of Economic Development is expected to identify problem areas and key trends in the cluster development in the Russian Federation, to select clusters, best suited for deployment of pilot RVC tools.
The aim of the research is to identify clusters (from the RF Ministry of Economic Development list of 25 pilot clusters ) offering the greatest potential for deployment of pilot RVC tools.
1. Analysis of the communication platform of the clusters, participating in the research, identification of strong and weak models of the organization of work in this sphere.
2. Analysis of the quality of engineering development in the cluster.
3. Analysis of the potential of technological cooperation on the basis of universities.
4. In-depth analysis of practical work in clusters.