Location of the shipbuilding complex facilities on the island of Kotlin in the Kronstadt district of St. Petersburg
- Industry & Technology
- New Industrial Policy
- Completed project
Customer: St. Petersburg Trade and Economic Development Committee
Project aim: to determine the possibilities for location of shipbuilding complex facilities on the island of Kotlin, in terms of the potential and priorities of socio-economic and spatial development of Kronstadt district of St. Petersburg
The concept is developed with due regard to the initiative to modernize and develop the shipbuilding industry of St. Petersburg through creation of OAO United Shipbuilding Company (OAO USC), a modern shipbuilding complex on Kotlin Island . The first step in the implementation of this decision was the agreement between St. Petersburg and OAO USC for creation of a shipbuilding cluster in St. Petersburg signed in 2011. The Center for Strategic Research "North-West" works on elaboration of the concept as a whole, while this particular project is focused on identification of the most efficient location for the shipyard on the island of Kotlin, with due regard to trends in development of Kronstadt.
1. Analysis of the current socio-economic situation of Kronstadt district of St. Petersburg.
2. Analysis of key factors influencing the socio-economic development of Kronstadt district with due regard to the draft project for location of shipbuilding complex on the island of Kotlin, including:
- areas of socio-economic and spatial development of Russia, Northwestern Federal District, St. Petersburg agglomeration;
- existing trends and priorities for development of industries in St. Petersburg;
- strategies for development of key economic entities located in Kronstadt district
3. SWOT analysis of the implementation of the investment project through the example of the United Shipbuilding Corporation project
4. Elaboration of scenarios for development of Kronstadt district , identification of the priority scenario.
5. Identification of medium (until 2015) and long-term (until 2020) goals and objectives of socio-economic development of the region taking into account location of the shipbuilding complex on the island of Kotlin.
5. Development of mechanisms to facilitate implementation of strategic goals and objectives.
6. Evaluation of the expected results of the implementation of the priority development scenario