Draft concept of development of shipbuilding cluster in St. Petersburg
- Spatial Development
- Clusters & Cluster Policy
- Completed project
Customer: St. Petersburg’s Committee for Economic Development, Industrial Policy and Trade
Project aim: to form a modern competitive shipbuilding cluster in St. Petersburg and to create a basis for further strengthening of the concentration of shipbuilding companies and related industrial enterprises in the city.
- To conduct marketing analysis of the target market segments of the shipbuilding cluster.
- To examine the current state of St. Petersburg shipbuilding sector, to review the existing structure of the sector.
- To analyze compliance of recruitment needs of St. Petersburg shipbuilding sector with capacity of the vocational education system in St. Petersburg to train the necessary personnel for the sector.
- To analyze potential of the city to accommodate new industries in accordance with current plans to create a new shipbuilding complex in the south-western part of the island of Kotlin,
- To identify goals and objectives of creation and development of the shipbuilding cluster.
- To identify the structure of the cluster.
- To identify the system of the cluster management .
- To develop indicators to measure effects of creation and development of shipbuilding cluster in St. Petersburg.
- To develop the action plan to ensure achievement of goals stated by the cluster participants and St. Petersburg government.