Strategy for Long-Term Socio-Economic Development of ZATO (closed city) Novouralsk
- Spatial Development
- Urban Environment and Economy
- Current project
- Development Projects
The principal purpose of the strategy elaboration is to find answers to the challenges identified by the development, to review and select new development priorities; to identify resources and mechanisms to achieve them.
Project developer: Center for Strategic Research “North-West”
Project originator: Rosatom Corporation
Project aim: to use assessment of the current socio-economic situation, environmental risks and challenges as the basis for elaboration of the strategy for socio-economic development of ZATO Novouralsk, envisaging the most efficient use of resources and opportunities, identifying priorities for the long-term development of the city and contributing to attracting investments and people to the city
- To identify opportunities for further development of ZATO Novouralsk
- To create the vision for long-term development of ZATO Novouralsk in the context of its social and economic ties with the city of Yekaterinburg and other external partners, as well as its current and planned development projects.
- To identify key strategic areas for development of the city; to make the list of priority projects, to define mechanisms for implementation of priority projects
- To identify steps and to model (forecast) expected results of the strategy implementation
- To elaborate tools for managing the strategy. To elaborate recommendations for synchronization of short and medium term policies of municipal authorities and long term strategic development priorities.
- To make recommendations for synchronization of activities of federal, regional and local public authorities
- To make recommendations for attracting investors and organizations for projects management and implementation