Strategy for Socio-Economic Development of «The City of Surgut» Municipal Unit until 2020
- Completed project
- Development Projects
- February—December 2008
Project developer: CSR «North-West»
Project originator: Surgut City Administration
Project aim: to develop the Strategy for Socio-Economic Development of Surgut until 2020..The strategy should outline priorities (strategic guidelines) and development goals for practical steps to be taken by government authorities to improve citizens’ standards of living, to secure competitiveness of the city in the long term, qualitative changes in urban environment and institutional basis.
- Assessment of the current socio-economic situation in the city;
- Assessment of the quality of urban environment in Surgut;
- Identification of key issues in the development of the city;
- Analysis of external factors defining the city’s mission in the region and the macro region;
- Conceptual design of the strategic development of the city, including identification of priority strategic objectives of the city based on an assessment of its resource needs and potential risks;
- Elaboration of urban development projects aimed at achieving strategic goals and strengthening promising functions;
- Elaboration of priorities for spatial development; selection of sites for implementation of the projects;
- Elaboration of concepts for city development projects; aggregate evaluation of projects implementation;
- Guidelines for attracting funding of investment projects and projects implementation and management.
- Text of the Strategy for Socio-Economic Development of the Municipal Unit of Surgut until 2020;
- Concept of priority development sites.
The Strategy for Socio-Economic Development of Surgut until 2020 was adopted at the City Duma session on 16 October 2009 and approved by the decree of the Head of city administration №85 of 26 November 2009.
Contacts: +7 (812) 380 0320, 380 03 21