Evaluation of the Tourism Potential of the Krasnoyarsk Krai
- Current project
- Research Areas
- 2007—January 2008
Project developer: Center for Strategic Research «North-West»
Project originator: Krasnoyarsk Krai administration
Geographic coverage: The research is carried out on the territory of the southern region of Krasnoyarsk Krai, which includes seven municipalities: Ermakovsky, Idrinsky, Karatuzsky, Krasnoturansky, Kuraginsky, Minusinsky and Shushensky.
- to evaluate prospects for development of tourism in the southern region of Krasnoyarsk Krai;
- to develop recommendations for selection of the area best suited for integrated tourism development;
- to identify most efficient projects in this sphere
- Analysis of prerequisites for development of tourism in municipal units in the southern region of Krasnoyarsk Krai;
- Analysis of tourist recreational, cultural, historical and balneological potential of the areas aimed at identification of promising in terms economy areas for development of the tourism sector.
Market research aimed at predicting the volume of the tourist services market.
Elaboration of recommendations for selection of the area for location of the main complex of tourism infrastructure in the southern region of the Krasnoyarsk Krai.
The stage included the research work to examine existing infrastructure and to set requirements and criteria for the selection of the area.
Conceptual design of the development of the area includes:
- analysis of submitted and identification of the necessary investment projects for tourism development in the selected area ;
- cost/benefit analysis of projects implementation
Main resulting documents:
- Briefing note: "Assessment of prospects for development of tourism in the southern region of the Krasnoyarsk Krai" (based on the results of the first stage)
- Concept for Development of the Area and the Concept Presentation (based on the results of the second stage)
See also the Concept Presentation