"Doing Business" research in Russian regions
- Completed project
- Research Areas
- March—September 2007
The project is implemented by the CSR "North-West" in collaboration with the World Bank (The World Bank Group). Project goal - research and comparison of business environment in regions of the Russian Federation.
The project is implemented by the Center for Strategic Research "North-West" in collaboration with the World Bank (The World Bank Group).
Project goal - research and comparison of business environment in several regions of the Russian Federation
The research methodology was developed by the World Bank
Doing Business Research is annually conducted in many countries.
The project results in identification of the most successful practices and recommendations to improve the legal and institutional environment for the development of small and medium businesses.
Such research at the level of individual large regions was conducted in Russia for the first time.
- to monitor business environment in the region (in the largest city in the region);
- to include the region in the regional and international rankings;
- global and national positioning of the region in terms of the business environment;
- to develop and implement measures to improve the investment and business climate in the region.
Geographic coverage: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Petrozavodsk, Rostov-on-Don, Voronezh, Kazan, Tomsk, Irkutsk, Perm, Tver
The objects of study in Russia included the following processes:
- starting a business;
- obtaining building permits;
- registration of real estate;
- export-import operations.
methods for conducting surveillance studies:
- standardized interviews with representatives of the business community
- individual interviews with experts
Website of the «Doing Business» project: www.doingbusiness.org