Spatial development statistics. Northwest Energy Issues
- Completed project
- Research Areas
The research was carried out in 2002-2003. Energy sector plays an essential role in the economy of the North-West region, where most of administrative entities are located in northern latitudes. However, the situation in the industry for a long time has not been studied systematically. The research conducted by the CSR «North-West» experts is an attempt to fill this gap.The book includes results of several studies conducted by the CSR «North-West» в 2002- 2003
The content of the research:
- The analysis of the current state and prospects of the reconstruction and development of municipal heating systems.
- Fuel and energy complex of the Republic of Karelia. Challenges in the energy sector and ways to solve them.
- The impact of changes in electricity and gas tariffs on production profitability in industry sectors examined in this project: a case study of the Republic of Karelia
- Unified Energy System (UES) of the North-West, its current state and prospects for development until 2010 and up to 2030.
- Fuel and energy balance and energy efficiency of North-West regions.
Research resulted in publication of a book